red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
purple potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
sugar snap peas, ends trimmed
red onion, thinly sliced
fresh tarragon, finely chopped
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- For the pasta:
- Cover potatoes with cold water by 2 inches in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; add 3 tbsp. salt. Reduce heat to medium-high; simmer the potatoes until tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Bring another medium saucepan of water to a boil; add 2 tbsp. salt. Blanch the snap peas until just tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool in an ice water bath. Drain and pat dry.
- Toss the potatoes, snap peas, onion, and vinaigrette in a bowl. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- For the Dressing: (makes approximately one cup)
- Stir together vinegar and mustard; season with salt and pepper. Pour in olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified. Stir in sour cream and tarragon.
Adapted from Martha Stewart
The original recipe called for fingerling potatoes but I used a mixture of red and purple potatoes- much prettier that way.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to