CALORIES 162g; FAT 5g (satfat 4g, monofat 1g, polyfat 0g); PROTEIN 6g; FIBER 2g; CHOLESTEROL 17mg; IRON 2mg; SODIUM 505mg; CALCIUM 102mg.
For 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup peeled and cubed (1/2-inch) sweet potato
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 14 1/2-ounce cans fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (optional)
1. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in flour, curry powder, cumin, nutmeg, and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add sweet potato, salt, broth, and pumpkin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, partially covered, 20 minutes or until potato is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes.
2. Place half of pumpkin mixture in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Pour pureed soup into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining pumpkin mixture. Return soup to pan; stir in milk. Cook over medium heat 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often. (Do not boil.) Remove from heat; stir in juice. Garnish with chives, if desired. Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup).
CALORIES 121 (21% from fat); FAT 2.8g (satfat 1.6g, monofat 0.7g, polyfat 0.2g); PROTEIN 5.1g; CARBOHYDRATES 19.7g; FIBER 3.5g; CHOLESTEROL 7mg; IRON 1.5mg; SODIUM 565mg; CALCIUM 85mg.