wild caught shrimp, deveined, shells and tails removed, set aside
red onion, sliced into thin wedges
carrots, sliced into matchsticks
shredded cabbage or slaw mix
sliced water chestnuts
green heirloom tomato, cut into chunks
lime, for juice and 2 serving wedges
toasted sesame oil
roasted sesame tahini
hot light vegetable broth
raw organic agave nectar
hot pepper or pepper flakes, minced onion, garlic, or ginger, to taste
sea salt, to taste
- Using a fork, blend the sesame tahini and oil in a glass measuring cup. Add the hot broth and stir to thin. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Taste test. Does it need a little heat? Sweetness? More tahini? Salt?
- Prepare your wok with a little oil; set on medium high heat.
- Add the onion to the wok and stir till softened. Add the garlic, carrots and cabbage; season with sea salt and stir.
- When the cabbage has melted a bit, add the prepared shrimp, wakame, water chestnuts and green tomato. Stir.
- When the shrimp has just turned pink, add the sesame stir-fry sauce and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook briefly until heated through (shrimp should be firm and opaque). Squeeze half a lime over the stir-fry and stir.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with a wedge of fresh lime.
September 11, 2012
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to