- 3 fresh ripe roma tomatoes
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano flakes
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices sourdough, French or country-style bread, about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Wash the tomatoes, then cut down the middle with a plastic knife and remove most of the seeds and juice. Chop into small pieces, and add to small bowl.
- Step 2
- Tear or chop basil into small pieces, then add to tomatoes in bowl, along with the oregano and garlic.
- Step 3
- Toast bread slices to desired brownness. Spoon the tomato mixture evenly over the toasted bread slices, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle about 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the top of each tomato-topped bread slice.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.