- 1 cup dry bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken broth powder or vegetable broth powder
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, walnut or pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, the white and part of the green
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Pour boiling water over bulgur in an 8 cup measuring cup or medium bowl. Let sit 30 minutes or until water is absorbed. Blend 3/4 teaspoon chicken broth powder with 3 tablespoons very hot water together in a custard cup and set aside.
- Step 2
- Add remaining ingredients, including chicken broth, pine nuts, green onions, tomatoes, lemon juice, and olive oil. Toss thoroughly and add pepper to taste.
- Step 3
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.