- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups long-grain brown rice, uncooked
- 1 cup white onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 can tomatoes, 14 1/2 oz; crushed or petite cut
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick saucepan over medium heat and sauté the rice just until golden (about 5 minutes).
- Step 2
- Add onions and garlic and sauté for a minute or two more. Stir in tomatoes (including juice), chicken broth, and bell pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover the saucepan and simmer for about 25 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.