This is a great “pantry soup”—that is, it comes together in minutes from ingredients that you can keep on hand all the time.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs, such as thyme, oregano, rosemary or basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- 2 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups nonfat, or low-fat milk
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, herbs and crushed red pepper (if using); cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, water and sugar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Step 2
- Stir in milk and heat through, about 1 minute.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com