WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 15 mins
Add a little shallot and dried dill or tarragon to any mixture of frozen vegetables and have a delicious side dish on the table fast. If you’d like to make this recipe with fresh vegetables instead, cut them into bite-size pieces and add a tablespoon or two of water to the skillet when you add the vegetables; adjust the cooking time as needed.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive-oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 4 cups mixed frozen vegetables, such as corn, carrots and green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill, or tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Stir in frozen vegetables.
- Step 2
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Step 3
- Stir in dill (or tarragon), salt and pepper.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com