Here's a marinade that adds flavor and tenderness to lean top sirloin.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped onion, add coarsely chopped onion to small food processor, if you have one, and pulse until almost pureed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 pinch cayenne red pepper
- 4 top sirloin individual steaks, trimmed of visible fat (about 5 ounces each)
- Step 1
- In an 8-cup measure, whisk together balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, olive oil, pepper, Worcestershire, onion, salt (if desired), and cayenne.
- Step 2
- Place steaks in a shallow glass dish and cover with the marinade. Turn to coat both sides well. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for up to two days.
- Step 3
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly coat the grill grate with canola cooking spray or oil. Add steaks and grill 5-7 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the steak and the desired doneness. Throw away any leftover marinade (because it has raw meat juices in it).
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.