WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 35 mins
A dal is traditionally a lentil side, often the accompaniment for curry. Here, combined with roast chicken (or rotisserie chicken), it moves from the side of the plate to its center for a quick lunch or an easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 15-ounce can lentils, rinsed, or 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 14-ounce can tomatoes, diced, preferably fire-roasted
- 1 2-pound roasted chicken, skin discarded, meat removed from bones and diced; 4 cups
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened but not browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, until combined with the onion and intensely aromatic, 20 to 30 seconds. Stir in lentils, tomatoes, chicken and salt and cook, stirring often, until heated through. Remove from the heat and stir in yogurt. Serve immediately.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com