Roasted asparagus is delicious drizzled with a sauce inspired by Caesar salad dressing. Low-fat mayonnaise makes the sauce creamy without a lot of extra calories or fat. Dress up the dish with chopped hard-boiled eggs or leave them out if you’re in a hurry.
- 2 bunches asparagus (about 2 pounds), trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, optional
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Step 2
- Toss asparagus with oil and salt in a large bowl. Spread on a baking sheet and roast, stirring once halfway through, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Step 3
- Combine mayonnaise, Parmesan, water, anchovies, garlic and lemon juice in a small bowl. To serve, drizzle the asparagus with the sauce and top with hard-boiled egg (if using).
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com