Roasting brings out the sweetness of the corn and browns the shiitake mushrooms. Rice wine and soy sauce balance the flavors. Try it with grilled pork tenderloin.
- 4 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen (about 3 large ears)
- 3 tablespoons Shao Hsing, or Shaoxing or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 scallions, minced
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Step 2
- Toss mushrooms with 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Step 3
- Stir corn and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil into the mushrooms; spread the mixture in an even layer. Return the baking sheet to the oven and roast for 10 minutes more.
- Step 4
- Meanwhile, combine Shao Hsing (or sherry), soy sauce and scallions in a small bowl. Add the mixture to the vegetables and stir to combine. Return to the oven and continue roasting until the liquid has evaporated and the vegetables are beginning to brown, about 10 minutes more.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com