WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 45 mins
This simple, fresh-tasting salad adds delicious variety to grilled foods, such as salmon, halibut, chicken or pork. Browning the corn in a skillet gives it a nutty, caramelized flavor that contrasts with the sweetness of the mango.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels, (from 3 ears)
- 1 large ripe mango, (about 1 pound), peeled and diced
- 1 15-ounce or 19-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, (see Ingredient Note), drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer the corn mixture to a large bowl. Stir in mango, beans, onion, bell pepper, lime juice, chipotle, cilantro, cumin and salt.
Ingredient Note: Chipotle peppers are smoked jalapenos with a fiery taste that are canned in adobo sauce. Look for them in the Hispanic section of large supermarkets and in specialty stores.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com