baby plum/grape tomatoes, halved (2 cups)
red pepper, cored, seeded, cut into thin strips
red or sweet onion, peeled, cut into chunks
1 14-ounce can
fire roasted tomatoes with green chiles
balsamic vinegar, to taste
fresh cilantro, chopped
extra virgin olive oil, as needed
organic raw agave syrup, to taste
sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine tomatoes, red pepper, onion, garlic, olive oil and salt. Toss to mix.
- Arrange the tossed veggies on a baking sheet in a single layer, leaving some room for the corn; add the corn to the baking sheet in one section.
- Roast the veggies in the top third of the oven until the veggies get tender and edges get nicely browned- anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes. If you have a grill you could grill your veggies instead of roasting.
- Spoon the roasted veggies- sans the corn- into a food processor bowl; add the canned tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, cumin and a drizzle of agave. Cover and pulse a few times to achieve the consistency and texture you prefer. Don't puree it- keep some texture.
- Pour the salsa into a storage container; stir in the roasted corn and cilantro. Taste test and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour to allow the flavors to co-mingle. Co-mingling is good.
Serving Ideas: Serve as a dip with tortilla chips or yummy brown rice chips. Serve as a condiment with grilled fish, chicken, rice, enchiladas, tacos, you name it. Serve as a fresh uncooked sauce for pasta or polenta.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to