WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 15
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt, preferably Greek-style
- 16 slices cocktail-size thin rye or pumpernickel bread
- 16 slices cucumber
- 16 small sprigs fresh dill
- 16 slices Scandinavian-style cured salmon gravad lax or smoked salmon
- Step 1
- Combine sour cream and yogurt in a small bowl.
- Step 2
- Top each slice of bread with a slice of cucumber, 1 teaspoon of the sour cream mixture, a sprig of dill and a slice of salmon.
Ingredient Note: Greek-style yogurt is made by removing the whey from cultured milk. Removing the whey gives it an extra thick and creamy texture - making it the perfect ingredient for a lower-fat dessert topping. You can strain regular yogurt to make it thick like Greek-style yogurt. Line a sieve with cheesecloth and set it over a bowl. (Alternatively, use a coffee filter lined with filter paper.) Spoon in 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt and let it drain in the refrigerator until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 2 hours.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com