elbow macaroni, uncooked
green bell pepper
1 1/4 cups
1% low-fat milk
low-fat Colby Jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
fresh ground black pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, dice tomato, green bell pepper, and onion.
- Drain cooked macaroni and add with tomato and green bell pepper. Reserve.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté diced onion in butter until translucent.
- Stir in flour and black pepper.
- Add milk. Cook until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add macaroni/vegetable mixture to cheese sauce and coat evenly.
- Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.