This pasta and fruit chicken salad is perfect for a picnic in the Santa Barbara wine country.
- 2 cups cooked whole-wheat blend pasta, or use regular pasta
- 1 cup roasted skinless chicken breast meat, cubed
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 6 ounce can pineapple tidbits, in juice, drained
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fat-free half-and-half, or low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Step 1
- Chill pasta and chicken thoroughly.
- Step 2
- Mix chicken, celery, apples, grapes, pineapple, mandarin oranges, and pasta in large bowl.
- Step 3
- Mix the light mayonnaise, fat-free sour cream, fat-free half-and-half or low-fat milk, sugar, salt (if desired), pepper and nutmeg.
- Step 4
- Combine mayonnaise and chicken mixtures and toss. Store in the refrigerator.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.