dried red pepper
ghee, coconut oil or rendered animal fat
- Start by chopping the garlic and the shallots. Some people prefer them minced, but I love big, sweet chunks of garlic.
- Trim the stems from the leafy part of the green. In some cases, you can reserve the stems and use them like celery. Roll the greens tightly and cut them in thin strips.
- Heat your desired fat in a pan, and fry your shallots and onion until they’re tender.
- Add the greens and cook until they’re bright. Add a touch of dried red pepper.
- Serve warm. Cheap, wholesome and tasty.
September 11, 2012
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to