- 4 5-6 ounce sea bass fillets, (1 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup of each dried fruit, mango, papaya, cherry, and pineapple
- 1/3 cup apple juice, or cider
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Step 1
- Rub fish with olive oil.
- Step 2
- Combine coriander, cumin, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper; mix well. Set aside 1/2 teaspoon of the mixture for the fruit salsa. Add salt to remaining mixture.
- Step 3
- Rub seasonings over both sides of fish.
- Step 4
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat until hot.
- Step 5
- Add fish. Reduce heat to medium, cook 3-5 minutes or until fish is browned and seared. Turn fish over; cook about 5 minutes or until fish is slightly firm and flaky.
- Step 6
- Combine dried fruit, juice, vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon reserved seasoning mixture in a small saucepan or microwave-safe dish. Bring to a boil. Stir in jam. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Step 7
- Transfer fish to serving plates. Top with fruit salsa and sprinkle with cilantro.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.