hulled sesame seeds
unrefined sea salt to taste
olive oil, for greasing the baking sheet
- Generously grease a baking sheet with olive oil and set aside.
- Heat a well-seasoned cast-iron skillet over medium-high flame until it becomes hot to the touch.
- Pour three cups sesame seeds into the hot pan and stir them continuously with a wooden spoon until they’re well-toasted and golden-brown in color – about four to six minutes.
- Stir honey and a generous dash of unrefined sea salt into the toasted sesame seeds until they become well-coated and the mixture stiffens.
- Pour the mixture of honey and sesame seeds onto your greased baking sheet and pat down and smooth out the mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Score the candy into pieces of 1/4-inch by 1-inch and set the pan aside until the candy is cool enough to handle comfortably.
- When cool to the touch, but still warm enough to be malleable, grease your fingers with olive oil and roll the pieces of honey candy into small, round logs.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to