WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 35 mins
Tapas are not always fancy—usually they’re just a few simple ingredients prepared well, like these tender, juicy mushrooms. Just place a dish of toothpicks next to the serving dish and let guests help themselves.
- 3 pounds white mushrooms, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup cream sherry
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Clean mushrooms and cut in half (or quarters if large). Heat oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes. Stir in sherry and garlic and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until most of the juices have evaporated, 10 to 14 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Stir in parsley just before serving.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com