- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and very thinly sliced, or to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp, 16-20 per pound
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced pitted green olives
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bay leaf and cook for 1 minute. Add onion, jalapeños and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in shrimp, cover and cook until pink and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and olives. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, replace cover and cook until the tomatoes are almost broken down, 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove the bay leaf. Serve with lime wedges.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com