WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 5 mins
Once you try this versatile stir-fry sauce it will become a staple in your weeknight dinner repertoire.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Chinkiang vinegar, (see Ingredient Note) or balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- Step 1
- Whisk broth, tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, oil, cornstarch and red pepper in a small bowl.
Ingredient Note: Chinkiang is a dark, slightly sweet vinegar with a smoky flavor. It is available in many Asian specialty markets. If unavailable, balsamic vinegar is an acceptable substitute.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com