WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Capers and garlic add real Sicilian flavor to sauteed broccoli.
- 1 bunch broccoli (1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 talespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Cut off and separate broccoli florets. Trim the tough ends of the stalks; peel the stalks if desired and cut crosswise into 3/8-inch-thick slices.
- Step 2
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add capers and garlic and cook, stirring, until the garlic is golden, about 1 minute.
- Step 3
- Add the broccoli florets and stalks and water; bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook until the broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Step 4
- Uncover, increase the heat to high and cook, stirring, until any remaining water evaporates, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com