WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Sautéed spinach (or any greens) with garlic and a squeeze of lemon (or vinegar) is a simple formula that lets spinach shine and will never go out of favor.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 20 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Step 2
- Add spinach and toss to coat. Cover and cook until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Step 3
- Remove from the heat and add lemon juice, salt and crushed red pepper. Toss to coat and serve immediately.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com