In this one-skillet supper, we toss dark leafy greens, diced tomatoes and white beans with gnocchi and top it all with gooey mozzarella. Serve with a mixed green salad with vinaigrette.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 1 16-ounce package shelf-stable gnocchi
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 cups chopped chard leaves, or spinach (about 1 small bunch)
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Step 1
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Step 2
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat, for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until the onion is soft, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Step 3
- Add chard (or spinach) and cook, stirring, until starting to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Step 4
- Stir in tomatoes, beans and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Step 5
- Stir in the gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 3 minutes.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com