Roasting tomatoes brings out their inherent sweetness.
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 14 slices baguette, (preferably whole-wheat), toasted
- anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil, for garnish
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Step 2
- Toss tomatoes with oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until broken down, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Step 3
- Combine the roasted tomatoes with basil and vinegar.
- Step 4
- Top baguette slices with the roasted tomato mixture. Garnish with anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com