- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 16-ounce bag “cut and cleaned” mixed greens, mustard, turnip or collard greens
- 2 cups water, or low-sodium chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring, available in small bottles in the BBQ section of most supermarkets
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste (optional)
- Step 1
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Step 2
- Add chopped greens and 2 cups of water or broth. Add the brown sugar, molasses, and liquid smoke and stir well to blend.
- Step 3
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Continue to simmer for about 25 minutes, or until greens are tender.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.