Peppers, cumin and chili powder are a natural combination with corn and hominy (dried corn that's had its hull removed).
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 14-ounce can hominy, rinsed
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add poblano pepper, bell pepper and corn, and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Step 2
- Stir in chili powder, cumin and salt; cook for 30 seconds more.
- Step 3
- Add hominy and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes more.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com