Here we top salad greens with black beans, sweet corn and grape tomatoes and bring it all together with a tangy avocado-lime dressing for a Mexican-inspired salad. Try this salad for a take-along lunch. To keep the salad greens from getting soggy, pack the greens, salad toppings and dressing in separate containers and toss them together just before eating.
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup black beans, canned (rinsed) or cooked
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- Step 1
- Place avocado, cilantro, yogurt, scallions, garlic, lime juice, sugar and salt in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Step 2
- Place greens in an individual salad bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. (Refrigerate the remaining dressing.) Top the greens with black beans, corn and tomatoes.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com