1 14-ounce package
extra-firm, water-packed tofu, drained
reduced-sodium soy sauce
toasted sesame oil
prepared peanut sauce
“lite” coconut milk, (see Tip)
cooked short-grain brown rice
black sesame seeds, (optional)
steamed sugar snap peas
- To prepare tofu: Pat tofu dry and cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes. Combine soy sauce, lime juice and oil in a medium shallow dish or large sealable plastic bag. Add the tofu; gently toss to combine. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 4 hours, gently stirring once or twice.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove the tofu from the marinade with a slotted spoon (discard marinade). Spread out on a large baking sheet, making sure the pieces are not touching. Roast, gently turning halfway through, until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine peanut sauce and coconut milk to make dipping sauce and fill a small container with it.
- To prepare rice balls: Combine rice, vinegar and salt in a medium bowl and mash with a fork until the rice is a little sticky. With slightly wet hands, press and squeeze the rice into 4 balls. Sprinkle each ball with sesame seeds, if using.
- Pack 1/2 cup of the tofu, the rice balls and snap peas in a medium container. (Cover and refrigerate the remaining 1 1/2 cups roasted tofu for up to 3 days.) Nestle the container of dipping sauce in the same container.
- Pack strawberries and orange wedges in another medium container.
Tip: Refrigerate leftover coconut milk for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 months. It will appear separated when thawed; simply mix until smooth.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to