This cheese fondue has a nice bite to it. I love that the bread becomes the bowl to bake and serve the fondue in. Here's a little secret, too: The best part is eating the bread bowl, which has been cut into wedges after the fondue is mostly gone!
- 1 loaf round sourdough or French bread, 1 pound
- 1 8-ounce-package reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup light cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 4-ounce canned green chili peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Make a bowl from the round loaf of bread by cutting a circle in the top of the bread. Remove the top by working with your hands to get at the bottom to create a bowl shape (hollow out the loaf) but reserve the bread for dipping later.
- Step 2
- In mixing bowl, beat the cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream, green onions, and chili peppers and Worcestershire sauce together on low speed. Spoon the mixture into the bread bowl and cover the filled bread bowl with a sheet of foil. While baking, place bread bowl on a cookie sheet, bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly (about 1 hour).
- Step 3
- Serve with the bread top all cut up into bite-size chunks.
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.