This bright red garlicky sauce (pronounced roo-EE) has a nice kick of cayenne. Traditionally an accompaniment for bouillabaisse, it's also great served as a condiment with grilled shrimp or mahi-mahi.
- 1/4 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced, garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Pinch saffron, (see Tip)
- Step 1
- Combine red peppers, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne and saffron in a food processor; pulse, scraping down the sides as necessary, until smooth.
Tip: Saffron is the dried stigma of a saffron crocus. It contributes a pungent flavor and intense yellow color to classic dishes like paella. Saffron is sold in threads and powdered form.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com