This spinach salad tossed with spunky ginger dressing was inspired by the iceberg salads served at Japanese steakhouses across the U.S. Add shrimp for lunch or a light supper.
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 3 tablespoons peanut, or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, (see Note)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 medium red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Combine onion, oil, vinegar, ginger, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender. Process until combined.
- Step 2
- Toss spinach, carrot and bell pepper with the dressing in a large bowl until evenly coated.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com