- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped spinach, fresh or frozen in bags
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat pasta, in small shapes like macaroni, rotelli, or small shells
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Add olive oil to a medium nonstick saucepan or skillet heated over medium-high heat. After about 20 seconds when the oil is nice and hot, add the tomatoes, spinach, and garlic and continue to saute for a few minutes until spinach is soft and bright green and tomatoes are soft. Add some salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Step 2
- Stir in the cooked pasta and continue to cook and stir the mixture for a minute or two to heat up the pasta and blend the flavors. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top and turn off the heat. Let the dish sit for a couple of minutes, sprinkle pine nuts over the top, and serve!
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.