fresh mint leaves, optional garnish
lime zest, optional garnish
- Start heating a pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile mix together the egg, agave nectar, and coconut milk.
- Cut the peaches in half along the "seam" and remove the stones. Use the spoon to hollow out a slightly larger cavity.
- When the water is boiling, put peach halves into a steamer basket over the water. Pour the egg mixture into the cavity about 3/4 the way full. I'll tell you from my own mess that it's just silly to fill them first and transfer to the steamer second!
- Cover and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 7-10 minutes, until the filling is firm.
- Take the steamer off the hot water, but let cool completely before removing the peaches from the steamer basket. This way they don't lose their shape.
- If you'd like, garnish with fresh mint leaves or lime zest.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to