WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 20 Minutes
This lively salad captures the essence of early summer with ripe strawberries, chives and baby spinach. To make it a meal, top it with a grilled chicken breast.
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups watercress, tough stems removed
- 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (about 12 ounces)
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Whisk maple syrup (or brown sugar), vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add spinach, watercress, strawberries and chives; toss to coat.
- Step 2
- Divide the salad among 4 plates and top with pecans and goat cheese.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com