Total Time: 35 mins
Use whatever flavor of jam or preserves you wish to flavor these muffins.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup less-fat margarine
- 1/4 cup light pancake syrup
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, use a brand higher in omega-3s, if available
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 teaspoons less-sugar strawberry jam
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 375°F . Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners; set aside. Add oats, white flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to a medium bowl and whisk to blend; set aside.
- Step 2
- Place margarine, pancake syrup, fat-free sour cream, and sugar in mixing bowl and beat on medium-high speed until blended and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- Step 3
- Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture, mixing only until just combined. Drop about 1/4 cup of the muffin batter into each muffin cup. Make an indentation in the center of each muffin with a small spoon or finger, and fill it with a slightly heaping teaspoon of strawberry preserves.
- Step 4
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the top of the muffin is lightly brown. Enjoy warm or cool.
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.