light brown sugar
white pepper, or freshly ground black pepper
1-1 1/4 pounds
chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- Combine brown sugar, dry mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Coat both sides of chicken with the rub up to 30 minutes before grilling or broiling.
- Preheat grill to medium-high or position a rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler.
- To grill: Oil the grill rack. Grill the chicken, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 4 to 8 minutes per side.
- To broil: Line a broiler pan (or baking sheet) with foil and coat with cooking spray. Place the chicken on the foil. Broil, watching carefully and turning at least once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 10 to 15 minutes total.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to