This is a traditional sweet potato favorite made lighter in fat and calories!
- 4 cups hot mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons light pancake syrup, or real pancake syrup
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup low fat, fat free half and half or whole milk
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut (sweetened)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 1 1/2 to 2 quart casserole dish with canola cooking spray.
- Step 2
- With electric mixer, blend sweet potatoes, 1 tablespoon butter, and pancake syrup together. Beat in egg, egg substitute, and milk. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Step 3
- Combine pecans, coconut, brown sugar, and flour. Stir in a tablespoon of melted butter. Sprinkle mixture over sweet potatoes. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.