- 6 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and finely shredded
- 1 cup onions, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon no-salt herb blend
- 1 2/3 cup unbleached flour
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped fresh
- 2 cups zucchini, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- Step 1
- In a large bowl, mix the sweet potatoes, zucchini, onions, lemon juice, herb blend, egg, flour, and parsley.
- Step 2
- In a large no-stick frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat, warm 2 teaspoons of the oil. Drop a large tablespoon of the batter into the pan and spread it with a spatula to form a thin pancake. Add more batter to fill the pan without crowding the pancakes.
- Step 3
- Cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy.
- Step 4
- Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat, adding the remaining 4 teaspoons of oil as needed, until all the batter has been used.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.