- 2 cups thinly sliced sweet potatoes (1 large)
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, or pecan pieces
- Step 1
- Boil or steam sweet potatoes and carrots until tender throughout. When they are almost finished cooking, heat orange juice to boiling in saucepan.
- Step 2
- Add the orange peel and lemon juice.
- Step 3
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the 1 tablespoon water and add to orange mixture. Continue to heat, stirring until thickened.
- Step 4
- Remove vegetables from pan and place in serving dish. Drizzle orange sauce over it and sprinkle nuts on top.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.