Total Time: 20 mins
- 12 medium to large leaves Swiss chard (red or green), rinsed well; cut on the thickest part of stem (about 1/3 of the way up from the bottome of the leaf)
- 4-5 ounces part-skim, low-moisture mozzarella, sliced or shredded
- 12 teaspoons tomato paste
- 6 small tomatoes, quartered (or 3 large)
- 1 teaspoon garlic & herb salt-free seasoning
- salt to taste (optional)
- Step 1
- Place 4 leaves (still fairly wet from being rinsed) on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on HIGH for about 25 seconds.
- Step 2
- Lay the leaves face-down on a nonstick jellyroll sheet (or similar) with stems lined up from north to south. Lay 1/4 ounce of cheese in the center, in a 2-inch long rectangle, from north to south. Spread 1 teaspoon of the tomato paste over the cheese, then top with 2 quarters tomatoes (if using small tomatoes) and sprinkle about 1/16 teaspoon of the garlic & herb salt-free seasoning over the tomato filling.
- Step 3
- Fold north and south ends of leaf over the filling, then fold in the sides to create a burrito-like wrap. Place on jellyroll pan, stem side up. Repeat with remaining leaves and filling. Preheat oven to broil.
- Step 4
- Broil, with pan about 6 inches from the flame, for 2 minutes. Flip wraps over, and broil other side 2 minutes more. Sprinkle salt over the top, if desired.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.