WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 30 Minutes
A tandoori-inspired spice rub and smokiness from the grill flavor these tofu “steaks.” While you’re there, grill some vegetables, too, to serve alongside. Serve with: Grilled eggplant and cherry tomato skewers and brown basmati rice.
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 14-ounce packages extra-firm or firm water-packed tofu, drained
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons sliced scallions, or chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Step 1
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Step 2
- Combine paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cumin, coriander and turmeric in a small bowl. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, lime juice and the spice mixture; cook, stirring, until sizzling and fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Step 3
- Slice each tofu block crosswise into 6 slices; pat dry. Use about 3 tablespoons of the spiced oil to brush both sides of the tofu slices; sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. (Reserve the remaining spiced oil.)
- Step 4
- Oil the grill rack. Grill the tofu until it has grill marks and is heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Step 5
- Combine yogurt with the reserved spiced oil in a small bowl. Serve the grilled tofu with the yogurt sauce, garnished with scallions (or cilantro), if desired.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com