WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 2 1/2 hrs (including 2 hrs marinating time)
Take 5 minutes in the morning to get these pork chops marinating so they're ready to grill the same night or even the next day.
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork chops, (about 1 3/4 pounds), trimmed of fat
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, (see Ingredient Note)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Step 1
- To marinate: Place pork chops in a large sealable plastic bag. Whisk soy sauce, sherry, garlic, brown sugar and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Add the marinade to the bag, seal and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Step 2
- To prepare relish: About 20 minutes before grilling the pork, combine blueberries, shallot, chile, cilantro, lime juice, ginger and salt in a small bowl.
- Step 3
- Preheat grill to high. Remove the pork chops from the marinade (discard marinade). Grill the chops 3 to 5 minutes per side. Let them rest for 5 minutes before serving with the relish.
Ingredient Note: The "cooking sherry" sold in many supermarkets can be surprisingly high in sodium. We prefer dry sherry, sold with other fortified wines in your wine or liquor store.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com