WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 20 mins
Brussels sprouts braised in broth and thyme is a surprisingly simple preparation that yields rich and savory results.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, or “no-chicken” broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring often, until the shallots are starting to brown and the Brussels sprouts are browned in spots, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in broth, thyme, salt and pepper; cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until the Brussels sprouts are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com