acorn squash, halved and seeded
firm tofu, pressed and cubed
whole grain/ gluten-free bread cubes
yellow onions, chopped
macadamia nuts, finely chopped
freshly squeezed orange juice (from a small orange)
sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a baking pan, drizzled with olive oil, place squash halves cut side down. Add 3/4" of water and bake for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Marinate tofu in balsamic vinegar, spicy mustard, agave nectar and orange juice.
- In a large pot, sauté onions and mushrooms in the olive oil; cook for 2-3 minutes. Slowly add spices and vegetable stock.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Slowly add tofu, orange juice, balsamic vinegar and bread cubes; sauté for another 4-6 minutes; remove from heat.
- Add in macadamia nuts, dried cranberries, basil, cilantro, orange zest , sea salt and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer the filling into the baked squash halves and return to the oven to bake for another 20 minutes.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to