1 1/2 pounds
mixed beets (Chioggia, golden, white, red etc.), peeled and diced
chopped mixed basil (Violetta, Genovese, cinnamon etc.)
unrefined extra virgin olive oil
raw apple cider vinegar
- Steam the beets over rapidly boiling water until they become tender, about five minutes or so. If using multiple varieties, note that the red beets will stain the other varieties so you may wish to steam them separately.
- Once tender, immediately plunge the steamed beets into a bowl of ice water, allowing them to chill until completely cool.
- Drain the beets, patting them or spinning them dry as necessary.
- Combine the drained beets with chopped basil, minced garlic.
- Dress with vinegar and olive oil. Serve cold.
September 16, 2012
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to