A creamy spread full of Parmesan and fresh basil cozies up to turkey and summer-ripe tomato slices for a savory hot sandwich that will quickly become a go-to mealtime solution.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- 8 ounces reduced-sodium deli turkey, thinly sliced
- 8 tomato slices
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Have four 15-ounce cans and a medium skillet (not nonstick) ready by the stove.
- Step 2
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, Parmesan, basil, lemon juice and pepper in a small bowl. Spread about 2 teaspoons of the mixture on each slice of bread. Divide turkey and tomato slices among 4 slices of bread; top with the remaining bread.
- Step 3
- Heat 1 teaspoon canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 2 panini in the pan. Place the medium skillet on top of the panini, then weigh it down with the cans. Cook the panini until golden on one side, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, flip the panini, replace the top skillet and cans, and cook until the second side is golden, 1 to 3 minutes more. Repeat with another 1 teaspoon oil and the remaining panini.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com