- 2 to 2 1/2 cups roasted turkey breast, cut into strips, skinless
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half or whole milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon Quick-mixing flour (such as Wondra)
- 1 tablespoon butter, or no/low-trans fat margarine
- 3 cups spaghetti or fettuccine noodles, hot cooked and drained
- 1 or 2 pinch nutmeg, add more to taste if desired
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded , add more at the table if desired
- Salt and freshly grated pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Boil fettuccine noodles.
- Step 2
- Combine cream cheese, 1/4-cup fat-free half-and-half, and flour in a small mixing bowl or food processor. Beat or pulse until well blended. Slowly pour in remaining half-and-half or milk and beat until smooth.
- Step 3
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large, nonstick frying pan or saucepan over medium heat. Add the milk mixture and continue to heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce is just the right thickness (about 3-4 minutes). Turn the heat to low and add the hot noodles and turkey strips. Toss to coat noodles and turkey well with sauce. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste if desired. Stir in grated Parmesan and serve.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.